website idea

bidina
March 6, 2016
8 years, 1 month ago

You know how some websites allow you to put in the number of items you want for that particular product, could there be something in place for that like for example the probe, instead of buy one at a time perhaps allow the person to put in a select number for the probe.

Altered
March 6, 2016
8 years, 1 month ago

Or a bulk buy like for the Cryo Pods even :P

bidina
March 7, 2016
8 years, 1 month ago

agreed.

Asymmetrical
March 7, 2016
8 years, 1 month ago

We can certainly consider this. I'll talk to Prog about how big of a project it is.

χ էυɭα η٥cէurηα էɧ٥rηe χ
March 7, 2016
8 years, 1 month ago

would it be possible to have a search option for the mossms we own? Like for the mossm market you can search through everything for sale by fur, colour, particles etc. Would it be possible to have a search like that through your own mossms and cryo pods? That would help out a lot when you have a lot of mossms, and want to pair them up and breed them. Also if it would be possible that perma-pet mossms have their own "area", like the cryo mossms? So one section for live mossms, one for perma-pet mossms and one for cryo mossms? Thank you! Tula

Asymmetrical
March 7, 2016
8 years, 1 month ago

I'll talk to Prog about this one too.

The problem with too many web features is that the time spent making them is time we lose creating content and lack of content ends up causing boredom. That's not to say we can't or won't but we often prioritize requests like this lower than the making of cool stuff.

bidina
March 8, 2016
8 years, 1 month ago

Understandable

Katherine Tison
March 10, 2016
8 years, 1 month ago

For myself, I considered all the training stuff you've just released. For someone who usually has 10 about mossms out, it's a little unrealistic for me to participate knowing I'll need about 100,000 resources/mossm. I like breeding more.
I have to say I definitely agree with Tula. I brought it up before, a long time ago, but especially for our pods its a pain to look through them all. A search like marketplace would be exceedingly useful for that. Or for collections, not just showing eligible live mossms, but pods too.
I understand that you want to focus on in-game content to try to save the mossm economy, but for those of us who just like breeding, doing collections and achievements, etc, it's a nuisance we've lived with for a long time..
Please, please consider not putting the website at the bottom of your priority list because in reality the website should be top priority because it is unavoidable, unlike breeding challenges, training, hunts, etc.

nusgezt
March 10, 2016
8 years, 1 month ago

it is possible for the site put one window that opens on my screen of computer and get mossm of plastic directly here in my house? very great idea maybe in 2025 is possible :-p

Asymmetrical
March 10, 2016
8 years, 1 month ago
Edited 8 years, 1 month ago by Asymmetrical

Katherine, thank you for your thoughtful feedback. I really appreciate it.

I didn't intend to suggest that the website is our lowest priority. We've responded favorably to many web feature requests. However, we generally do put web feature requests behind content feature requests. The unfortunate but realistic reason for this is because we need to be profitable in order to exist. Its not a greed thing its an operational thing. We've learned that when we spend lots of time on web features and ignore content we lose customers. So the whole thing ends up being a delicate balancing act.

Regarding breeding challenges and other events. Those are things that I do without the help of Progenitor. I can't write the web code so I might as well put my time in to something fun and people seem to enjoy them. Its not a case of putting them before the web features, I simply cannot do the web features so I find other ways to be productive and engage the community. Progenitor has to implement the web features.

All of that said, I do agree that a search feature will be useful and we'll do it when we can. We've finished all of our major development and don't have any new major feature on the immediate road map.

You must login to reply.