ok I hope I am not the first to ask.. what happened to the scales...

Havoc
Nov. 30, 2013
10 years, 5 months ago

Cherice
Mossm Cherice
Stats
Strength 12.0
Dexterity 12.0
Intelligence 12.0
Discipline 12.0
Creativity 12.0
Moxy 12.0
Oomf 10
Cryo 0
Skills
Skill Value Base Training
Female
Orbital Ecstasy
DNA Scan: red-skin
Age 5 minutes
Born 2013-11-30 18:38:46
Conceived on Mossmopolis

I see skin there, no scales? is this a fluke or is a certain amount of inaccuracy to be expected in the announcements?
yeah the color is nice but can there be some continuity?
cheesus!

χ էυɭα η٥cէurηα էɧ٥rηe χ
Dec. 1, 2013
10 years, 5 months ago

I might be wrong of course, but I think the scales are the skin, if you look at the mossm in world you will see that the texture has scales, but it is still considered a skin because they or not adding a new type of solid, like skin, longfur, curly. So the term is skin, seeing that it will pass skin as a solid, but the babies if the red colour passes to them will have red scales in the texture. This you can see if you look at all the colour combos in the breeding compendium. However there will not be lightblue scales, lemon scales etc, only the red colour will have scales in the textures when passed on. That is why they call it skin, otherwise they would have added a new type of solid which means all colours would have scales.

Asymmetrical
Dec. 1, 2013
10 years, 5 months ago
Edited 10 years, 5 months ago by Asymmetrical

I'm going to ignore the sarcasm and just answer the actual question...

Red is a new color that also happens to have scales embedded in it. When the color red passes the scales go along with it. The color red will never pass absent the scales.

Scales is not a new skin/fur type. It cannot pass independently of the color red.

Mrs Hunter Beorn
Dec. 4, 2013
10 years, 5 months ago

I see scales clearly on mine. They are similar to precious dragon scales, maybe try different lighting

You must login to reply.