Balloon tails

Katherine Tison
July 12, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

I would love to see the color of the balloon tail on the website, whether its graphic or text. Being able to see the mossm in the large image (under the genealogy) with the traits would be nice too.

Doogz Weston
July 12, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

Again I agree with Kat, but don't tell her. It'll goto her head :P Yes seeing color of tail would be great for matching pairs to breed.

Katherine Tison
July 12, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

Ego successfully inflated.

Asymmetrical
July 13, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

Would you believe that the balloon tails having different colors was an accident?! We'll see if we can figure out how to accommodate this request and report back.

Thanks for the idea!

Katherine Tison
July 15, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

Do balloon tails not carry colors the same way as colors then? Is it random?

Progenitor
July 15, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

Here's how it works. The color of the balloon is based on the color of the backend of the Mossm. It's designed to be complimentary colors. So darkgrey Mossms get white balloons, darkblue Mossms get yellow balloons, and so on. It's not random; the color is based on one of the colors in the Mossm.

I wouldn't say that was a mistake, we did it on purpose. Of course, if this bothers people, perhaps it was a mistake ;)

I'm sorry that it isn't documented which colors produce which kinds of balloons. I can tell you that it's a fixed formula. This could be an open area rich for scientific discovery!

Katherine Tison
July 15, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago
Edited 9 years, 9 months ago by Katherine Tison

Wait, let me clarify real quick.. So if I have an Orange/Green mossm.. the tail would most likely be Blue or Red? Assuming we're ignoring the background. My question is more.. is it the second color that affects it? Or either?

Asymmetrical
July 15, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

The balloon colors match up to fur colors as follows:

• darkblue mossm - yellow balloon
  • darkgrey mossm - white balloon
  • lemon mossm - red balloon
  • lightblue mossm - orange balloon
  • orange mossm - purple balloon
  • pink mossm - lightblue balloon
  • rainbow mossm - rainbow balloon
  • red mossm - darkblue balloon
  • violet mossm - green balloon
  • white mossm - black balloon
  • green mossm - pink balloon

For Mossms with blends most of the balloon colors are matched to color 1 like these:
http://www.mossms.com/p/Asymmetrical/mossm/Marylee/ (color 1 is red and the balloon is blue )
http://www.mossms.com/p/Asymmetrical/mossm/Joshuah/ (color 1 is darkgrey and the balloon is white

We'll leave the rest of the discovery (color 1 or color 2) to you guys.

Cheers!

You must login to reply.