Splurt

Myzan DeSilva
July 22, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago
Edited 9 years, 9 months ago by Myzan DeSilva

Hi I would love to see something that raises the demand of Splurt to get an even higher value of doing collections.
Sincerely Myzan

Asymmetrical
July 22, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

Hi Myzan. Can you provide an example of what you mean?

Myzan DeSilva
July 22, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago
Edited 9 years, 9 months ago by Myzan DeSilva

Yes sorry if I am vague but its because I might be sailing in the blue and do not have an exact opinion about what I wish, but I will try to explain.

I find the game design with achievements and collection very appealing, and it should be really good for the second market. A better way than that the breedable have a life cycle and dies to not flood the market.

I as well like to roam around and look at mossms and how people have arranged there surroundings and meet and talk with different breeders. So yesterday when I was around it hit me. That very many people are small/medium breeders they keep like 10 to 30 Mossms but to breed one Mossm on Fabulosity will take days for a breeder with that amount of Mossms.

That led me to the conclusion that if I had been a small breeder I would just have skipped the latest content since the achievements to gain one of the harder vanity traits is nearly unreachable and when I get it I would not likely be able to breed on it.
The older content you can get with Splurt - the DNA Technology (mainly particles), anyone can get hold of very cheap by buying a mossm on the second market.

This makes up for, in my humble opinion that people skip the collections and rather sell there mossms besides those 10 - 30 they have alive getting the resources, which in the end
- will flood the market with cheap mossms. I see peole selling mossms for 30 lindens or just gives them away. A bad second market is a big No no to new people looking into a new breedable as well as to people liking the buying and selling part of breedables.
- people will miss out on really fun content since they do not start experience it.

So from that my wish came that make something that is more necessary or higher valued for the collections, something that even small/medium breeders would go after and perhaps nothing that easily can stuff the second market. Perhaps something that is not tradable/breedable but still effect the game.

Well just a thought Myzan

Asymmetrical
July 23, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago
Edited 9 years, 9 months ago by Asymmetrical

I think I understand what you're saying and this is actually our plan.

It took us a long time to develop achievement/collection rewards and our next release is also a long development cycle so we decided to release achievement/collections rewards with some very hard content to keep everyone, including our biggest consumers, entertained while we work.

The good news is that the development work we did on it included some structure to make it easily expandable so we can add as much content, easy to hard, as we can make. Of course we have to make it first. ;)

I think we'll be able to accommodate this request it just wont be super fast since we are also working on sports right now.

Myzan DeSilva
July 23, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

Thank you!!

And of course nothing is made over a night :-)

You must login to reply.