We are pleased to announce that we will be releasing Mossm racing on December 22, 2015. YAY!
We will have a few question and answer sessions in advance of the release so get your questions ready! These sessions will take place in the week leading up to release and we will announce them using group notices in Second Life, Facebook, our forums and the event calendar. So, please keep an eye on these locations if you are interested in attending.
Please continue reading for a list of things to expect. Note that we will have more in-depth documentation in the coming weeks.
In advance of racing we will release a Mossm update. Updated Mossms will be version 1.15. The update will include the following:
- Changes to the Mossm to facilitate racing.
- A tool for setting a home point radius which will prevent them from wandering too far when in market stalls.
- A tool for turning particles on and off.
- Improvements to both the Mossm and a new Communicator that will result in better responsiveness when interacting with your Mossms.
When the update is ready you'll be able to update your Mossm by simply having them resent to you via the recovery tool. 1.13 Mossms will continue to gain resources and work in environments but will not have any of the new features identified above.
Each Mossm has a racing skill that starts at level 1 and can be increased to a maximum of level 50. Racing skill impacts how fast a Mossm can run so, your Mossm will go faster with each level gained. Participating in the following activities are required for the Mossm to advance to the next level of racing:
- Socializing - Done in Salon environments with both the Mossm and the avatar. Requires a minimum of 2 avatars and 2 Mossms to get socializing credit.
- Exercising - Done in a Mossercise environment. Requires a minimum of 4 avatars and 4 Mossms to begin a Mossercise class. Avatars must complete the entire class to get credit.
- Relaxing - Done by rezzing a Mossm in our Mossm park at the official Mossms sim and letting it play for a while (think dog park).
- TEQ Infusion - Done by purchasing (with resources) a power-up then applying it to your Mossm.
Racing Skill Boosters
All of the following will add a bonus to the Mossms racing skill which further increases the speed at which a Mossm can run.
- Strength + Dex provide a bonus to racing skill.
- The blend type provides a bonus to racing skill. Harder blends provide larger bonuses.
- Ancestors with the same blend as the mossm will provide a bonus to racing skill. The more ancestors with the same blend the larger the bonus.
- Eyes, Ears & Tail traits provide a bonus to racing. Harder traits provide larger bonuses.
- Particles provide a bonus to racing. All particles provide the same bonus.
- Unique Mossms provide a bonus to racing. Harder Uniques provide larger bonuses.
As your Mossms level up you will receive some rewards for your efforts. Here are a list of rewards:
- At level 25 your Mossm will receive the "Eye of the Tiger." The Eye of the Tiger is a passive trait infused in to your Mossm. Eye of the Tiger provides a racing skill bonus to the Mossm and is a passable trait.
- At level 50 your Mossm will receive the "Blood of the Champion." The Blood of the Champion is a passive trait infused into your Mossm. The Blood of the Champion provides a racing skill bonus to the Mossm and is a passable trait. This is a larger bonus than Eye of the Tiger.
- Splurt will be rewarded every 5 levels starting at level 10. The higher a Mossm goes, the more she gets.
Eye of the Tiger and Blood of the Champion appear in the DNA scan, but are not visible on the Mossm in-world.
Early next year Team Mossms will organize a monthly racing event. Prizes have not yet been determined.
We encourage players to create and host leagues of their own and to create and distribute prizes for their participants. You might make some fun leagues, like the all-girl-all-pink racing league!
Exercise will take place with the Mossercise event. Players can purchase (with resources) Mossercise equipment and host exercise events. In addition, it will cost resources to start a Mossercise event. But quite a few people can attend a Mossm event once it's started, so work together and take turns hosting these!
Relaxing will take place at the Mossms sim at the Mossm Park, which will be located in Mossm Headquarters. There will be only one Mossm Park, and players won't be able to host their own.
Socializing will take place in salon environments. Players can purchase salon environments and host socializing events. Some of the salon environments will cost regular resources and some will cost regular resources plus Splurt.
TEQ Infusion will not be required until your Mossm reaches level 10. TEQ infusion is a power up that must be applied to your Mossm to make it stronger and faster. It will be purchased with resources.
A new blend, Hibiscus, will be available for purchase in the SPLURT store. It will be available for purchase only a few days out of each month-- the rest of the time it will only be available from other players. Hibiscus will only pass on planet Ionica.