So far we've covered parents, planets and traits. How do you put all of that information together to make the best of your breeding experience? Lets take a look.
Getting the color you want is pretty straight forward. A new baby will always take colors from its ancestors. You should only mate parents that have colors in their ancestry that you would want your offspring to have.
If you like pink and black Mossms, you should only breed Mossms with pink and black in their ancestry. If the color is not in the ancestry (Parents, Grandparents, Great Grandparents) the offspring cannot get it.
Remember, Mossms with blends generally have two colors.
To learn where specific colors come from please review our traits guide.
Ancestors and Planets are both involved in passing of blends.
A blend that exists in a Mossms ancestry can pass to a newborn mossm. The more ancestors that posses a given blend the more likely it is to pass.
You can only pass a blend on the planet it originates from (or on a higher planet). So, lets say you want tiger Mossms and you have some mossms with tigers in the ancestry that you're going to mate. If the Mossms mate on Mossomopolis the tiger blend cannot pass. The tiger blend can only pass on Catania (where tigers come from) or one of the higher planets.
It does not matter what the ancestry is, if you try to pass a blend on the wrong planet it will not pass.
Passing SPLURT Traits
Glow, Shine, and Particles can pass on any planet but are not guaranteed to pass except when a color changing power-up is in use. Please also note, if you want a specific particle with a specific blend you'll need to mate on the proper planet for passing the blend.
The more ancestors that posses glow shine or particles the better the odds of it passing.
Particle colors are also affected by the ancestors except when a color changing power-up is in use.
Rainbow is a color and will pass like all other colors.
Passing Eyes Ears and Tails
Ancestors and Planets are both involved in passing of eyes ears and tails.
An eye ear or tail that exists in a Mossms ancestry can pass to a newborn Mossm. The more ancestors that posses a given trait the more likely it is to pass.
You can only pass eyes ears and tails on the planet it originates from (or on a higher planet).
It does not matter what the ancestry is, if you try to pass a eyes ears or tails on the wrong planet it will not pass.
- Mocha and Emerald Eyes are limited edition eyes and can pass on any planet.
- Eyes ears and tails obtained from achievement rewards can only pass on Fabulosity
Weights/Odds of Colors
Colors are easy to pass. But still, some colors pass more easily than others. A list of colors in order from easiest to hardest is listed below. Note that if you have one easy color and one difficult color the easy color will pass more frequently than the difficult one.
- Darkblue: Easy
- Lightblue: Easy
- White: Easy
- Yellow: Easy
- Green: Moderate
- Orange: Moderate
- Black: Moderate
- Purple: Difficult
- Pink: Difficult
- Red: Difficult
- Rainbow: Difficult
The more ancestors that possess the color(s) that you want the more likely you are of getting those specific colors. If all Mossms in the ancestry possess the same colors there is 100% chance of passing those color(s).
Weights/Odds of Blends
We are not releasing our exact formulas, that's proprietary; however, it may be useful to understand that some blends are easier to acquire and pass than others. Below is a list of the current blends and their respective difficulty levels.
- Solid: Easy
- Gradient: Slightly Difficult
- Panda: Slightly Difficult
- Tiger: Moderately Difficult
- Cheetah: Moderately Difficult
- Zebra: Moderately Difficult
- Cow: Moderately Difficult
- Moonstars: Difficult
- Fawn: Difficult
- Ringtail: Difficult
- Appaloosa: Extremely Difficult
- Treefrog: Extremely Difficult
- Paisley: Extremely Difficult
- Hibiscus: Extremely Difficult
Odds of getting a specific blend during breeding increase when all of the ancestors and the planet possess the blend but there it is no guarantee.
Weights/Odds of Eyes Ears and Tails
Some Eyes Ears and Tails are easier to acquire and pass than others. Below is a list of the current eyes ears and tails and their respective difficulty levels.
- Crevasse Eyes: Easy
- Thicket Eyes: Slightly Difficult
- Party Eyes: Moderately Difficult
- Honkers: Difficult
- Flowerpie: Difficult
- Ripshaw: Extremely Difficult
- Orchestra: Extremely Difficult
- Twist: Extremely Difficult
- Aristocrat: Extremely Difficult
- Gridwalker: Extremely Difficult
- Checker: Extremely Difficult
- Cosmic: Extremely Difficult
- Drow: Easy
- Dumbo: Slightly Difficult
- Honeybunny: Moderately Difficult
- Honkers: Difficult
- Neko: Difficult
- Elf: Extremely Difficult
- Aquarius: Extremely Difficult
- Mosswinkle: Extremely Difficult
- Twilek: Extremely Difficult
- Foxfire: Easy
- Mossasaurus: Slightly Difficult
- Aslan: Moderately Difficult
- Balloon: Difficult
- Treedangle: Difficult
- Scorpendi: Extremely Difficult
- Wiggly: Extremely Difficult
- Cottontail: Extremely Difficult
- Underbrush: Extremely Difficult
Odds of getting specific eyes ears or tails during breeding increase when all of the ancestors and the planet possess the eye ear or tail but there it is no guarantee.