Mossm Racing Guide
What is Mossm Racing?
Hop on and ride, and go to fun training events!
Mossm racing is about breeding fast Mossms, holding and attending going to fun and ridiculous events to level Mossms for racing, and actually riding around on Mossms. Racing is all about having fun. Even if you're not into the idea of actually running around on the back of Mossm at high speeds, you may still find there's a lot of fun for you. Here are some ways you might have fun with racing:
- Fun going to the events to level up
- Fun breeding the Mossms that will be fast racers
- Fun racing Mossms
- Earning Splurt and other rewards while leveling
- Making Mossms with traits that pass to the offspring during the leveling process
Quick Start Guide
Just want to get started fast without reading stuff? No problem! Here's how you get started.
- Pick a good Mossm. Sit down on her, and notice how fast she runs.
- Go to her Mossm page, and at the top-right, click on the Mossm Racing thing. Do the events that are listed there, and you'll level!
- Ride the Mossm again once she's level 2, and you'll notice she's a little faster!
- Keep doing these steps all the way to level 50, and reap great rewards of Splurt, special DNA, and fun and glory!
Several things get factored into the speed.
There are several factors that together determine how fast your Mossm can move when being ridden. When you look at the Racing information for a Mossm you'll see a bar graph that shows all of the items contributing to that Mossm's speed. The size of the bar graph for each item shows you how much that item contributed to the speed of your Mossm.
There are many possible factors that can impact the speed of a single Mossm. All of these factors are considered at different levels of importance when determining how fast a Mossm will be:
Level. Every Mossm has a Racing skill level that starts at 1 and can go up to 50. The racing skill level makes the biggest impact on how fast a Mossm is compared to all the other factors.
Blend. Blends that reproduce on higher planets contribute more to the speed than blends that reproduce on lower planets.
Unique. Unique Mossms get a significant boost in speed compared to a solid. Try them out!
Eye. Eyes that reproduce on higher planets contribute more to the speed than eyes that reproduce on lower planets.
Ear. Ears that reproduce on higher planets contribute more to the speed than eyes that reproduce on lower planets.
Tail. Tails reproduce on higher planets contribute more to the speed than eyes that reproduce on lower planets.
Str, Dex. The strength and dexterity both contribute to the speed of the Mossm significantly.
Particle. Particles contribute some to the speed of the Mossm. Plus, studies show that particles make you look cooler when you're riding.
Blood. Blood of the Champion is fused into the DNA of a Mossm at racing level 25. This makes the Mossm faster in racing, and has a chance to pass to offspring.
Aspect. Eye of the Tiger is fused into the DNA of a Mossm at racing level 50. This makes the Mossm faster in racing, and has a chance to pass to the offspring.
What to do to raise your Mossm's racing level
At each level, there will be some things you need to do to advance your Mossm to the next level. On your Mossm's page it will show you what things you need to do to complete this level. Here's an example:
For this Mossm, we can see that there are 4 different activities that are required, and we've completed the exercise class requirement.
In the first few levels, you will only need to do the Mossm Park and a Mossercise class to advance to the next level. In later levels you'll need to do Socializing, then a few levels later later you'll also need to do TEQ Infusion.
You can read more about each of the activities involved in leveling racing here:
- Mossm Park is place where Mossms and people frolic and play. This helps build their strength and have some fun at the same time. The Mossm park opens at the start of every hour at Mossm headquarters. You can find out more in the Mossm Park instructions.
- Exercise Classes or Mossercise is an exercise class that people do together with their Mossms. These events are held by Mossm owners around the grid. You can find out more in the Mossercise Guide.
- Socializing takes place in Salon environments with people and their Mossms. "Socializing" is one part of the training program that Mossms go through for sports. It's an important part of what keeps Mossms happy during the demanding sports training. You can get Salon environments in our store, and you get credit when 3 people are in salon environments with their Mossms. Find out more in the Socializing Guide. Socializing is required starting at level 5.
- TEQ Infusion puts the power of science and medicine to work for your Mossm, making her capable of enduring the rigors of higher level training. You can get TEQ Infusion powerups in our store. You can learn how to do this in the TEQ Infusion guide. TEQ Infusion is required for levels 10 and beyond.